Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sabbatical

A sabbatical allows one to step outside the normal routine. In biblical times there was the sabbath year and in academia the sabbatical is not uncommon. I think it's high-time we regular folks enjoy the benefits of a sabbatical. Actually, I already do. I am blessed to have a place right outside my back door, the gazebo, where I can get away for mini-sabbaticals. Sometimes my sabbaticals only last 15 minutes but it's enough time to rejuvinate me for the next spelling test I need to give, or the next round of laundry that needs to be tackled or the next errand that must be run. I suggest we allow ourselves the gift of a daily mini-sabbatical...kind of like the siesta that is popular in certain parts of the world... and enjoy a break from the normal routine.
CarpeDiem!
Susan

1 comment:

Sandie said...

it looks perfect! cool and refreshing.