I grew up in an family that hugged a lot and I have carried on this loving practice with my husband and children. The first thing I do when greeting friends is hug them. I have only come across a few people in my life that seemed resistent to a hug and I try to respect that...but always feel a little sorry for them because they are missing out. It's not unusual to hear me say "I NEED a hug." You can imagine that I was nodding my head "YES" as I read the followng words this morning:
"Hugging can lift depression, enabling the body's immunization system to become tuned up. Hugging breathes fresh life into tired bodies and makes you feel younger and more vibrant. In the home, hugging can strengthen relationships and significantly reduce tensions."
Dr. Harold Falk, Senior Psychiatrist at the Menninger Foundation
You can even give yourself a hug if you need it and no one else is around. So, here's to HUGS!...may you receive and give them with abandon!
CarpeDiem!
Susan
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love hugs too!
Post a Comment