Wow, it's been a looooong time since I posted. So much has happened since I opened the door to 2010!
It's been eight months of ups and downs and all a rounds.
Late January, through a series of unfortunate events, I decided it was time to leave my marriage of 25 years. If you are a Christian, you might recall God leading the Hebrews out of Egypt; the flight, the crossing of the Red Sea, the long walks in the desert, the pain of looking back, the promise of manna each morning, the fear, the joy of considering what the Promised Land might hold, wonderings and wanderings of a people displaced, even though they had been praying for deliverance from a bad situation for so very long. That's a good summary of these past 8 months for me.
If you believe in Loving What Is (ala Byron Katy) then you would recall that everything that happens is neither good or bad but can be used for our growth and healing. That would be a good summary of these past 8 months too.
Or you could just say, "sh**t happens!" That too would be true! :-)
Anyway you look at it, I am moving on with my life! What have I learned so far? I've learned that facing the truth about your marriage is good, even when it hurts really bad. I've learned that loving yourself and creating a life that is healthy and happy is worth every minute of letting go that it takes. Here's a song that pretty much sums up how I feel this morning:
Carpe Diem!
Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment